Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Moth Gave Me Dance Lessons, Except It Didn't

I hate you, moth.
For when I saw any
One
Of you,
I knew I was about to take
A dance lesson.

I hate you, moth.
The moment
I started to hear any
Tickety-pickety sounds you made with your
Horrifying wings and ugly legs,
My head would go sideways, and
My eyes would roll up and
Down.

Flap, flap. Scream, shriek.

After the warm-up you made me do,
You confirmed my fidget
With your presence.

I fear you, moth.
You teach various dance moves
I never learned before, which
I did not remember asking or
Inviting Your Dishonor
To give lessons.
But I followed your instructions,
Anyway, with reluctance.

1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3.
Salsa, Cha Cha, Hip Hop.

After all, 
I have not become a proper dancer,
And will never be,
If I show people what I learnt from you.
I tell you, moth:
I just wished you would listen to me when
I asked you
To leave.
Don't accept
the invitation I never intended to give out.

Meanwhile,
I can only
Turn on the fire of your hell
To thank YOU for
All the unnecessary things you taught me.

Comments and advices are welcome~
Truth be told, I really need some guidance ;)

1 comment:

  1. Overall a good piece of poem. But there are some points you may consider (just some opinion):

    1. Horrifying wings and ugly legs-> perhaps you can to show more here (instead of just telling) to make the whole thing sounds more terrifying.

    2. Fidgety is an adj instead of a noun?

    3. "All the unnecessary things you taught me." ->perhaps simplify the words 'unnecessary things' to one word?

    ReplyDelete