Saturday, July 16, 2011
(I wrote the passage about its character Tamsin one month ago and you can find it in my Facebook’s notes)
My Summer Of Love
Genre: Romance, Religion and Drama…
Rate: 9/10 (It deserves 9.5 but…)
Story Plot: (Quoted from IMDb.com)
In the Yorkshire countryside, working-class tomboy Mona (Press) meets the exotic, pampered Tasmin (Blunt). Over the summer season, the two young women discover they have much to teach one another, and much to explore together.
Character’s analysis: (Contain Spoilers)
- Her original name is Lisa. Mona was named by her brother due to “Mona Lisa”.( She told us their real name when she first met Tamsin (with beautiful white horse))
- She was 16-year-old working-class girl living in the pub (above the swan) with her brother Phil.
- She loved smoking and drinking and she had a boyfriend who had a wife and one daughter, but later broke up (She was much like the girl who was doing compensated dating.)
- She regarded Tamsin as her friend (before Tamsin had kissed her)-->Lover.
- She disliked her re-born brother because her brother believed in religion and regarded him as a god (WTF?). She hated her brother always advising her not to smoke and drink.
- She said she was going to be a lawyer with her life and working really hard.
- After she had found that Tamsin was lying to her, she nearly killed Tamsin in the forest by strangling Tamsin’s head in the water.
- She did not know much about her dad and her mum was dead of cancer.
- She had no suspicion to Tamsin before realizing that Tamsin was lying.
My view on “Mona”: She was too pure to the society nowadays. In fact, there are almost no people being like “Mona”. Maybe there are in under-developed countries. But I am pretty sure that no one is purer than Mona in developing or developed countries. She said she was going to be a lawyer, but personally, I think she could not. She was too pure or too psycho sometimes. Her behavior could not help her to achieve her dream.
Addition: Everyone would have suspicions to friends and even family. Mona had no suspicion to Tamsin but did have suspicion on her brother. This is quite impossible. With the same word, she was just too pure.
(*This is not a good character to me. I prefer Tamsin more!)
Tamsin (I talked about her in my latest notes)
- She was upper-class girl who went to boarding school, knew how to play cello and horse-riding.
- She was smart and versatile (knowledgeable). There are several clues in the movie showing that she knew about philosophy, literature and music.
- She claimed that she had bad influence on people at school and she was suspected for school holiday.
- She adored Edith Piaf. While she was listening to Edith Piaf with Mona, she said she worshiped Edith Piaf and talked about love history of Edith.
- She loves drinking and smoking. What she had drunk? Red wine-->Cognac--->Vodka
- She did not believe in religion. Although she did say something to Phil about her falling in love with Religion, she just tested Phil and saw whether he was easy and exposed him that he was fake person.
- She lied to Mona, including the death of her sister. Yet, she cared about Mona, she lied to Mona (the death of her sister) was mainly because she wanted to make friend with Mona.
- She regretted she lied to Mona after being published by Phil.
- Nearly died of being strangled in the water by Mona.
- She might be a lesbian. According to the movie, she asked Mona how Ricky (Mona’s ex) had sex with her.
My view on Tamsin: She was real person but not a good person, I mean much more like being in modern society. I like the fact that she had a knowledgeable mind.
Lying to people or other bad influences at school is common at school and society. She was studying at boarding school. I always think that she lied because of fun (She is a mean girl who saw the world). But her lying shows that the society is not that pure, it is full of darkness, especially entertainment world. This character deepened the portrayal of Mona’s character (innocence) and told us not to be too innocent.Yet, I cannot accept the fact that she was lesbian.
Scene from My Summer Of Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6I6R-r24as
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Monday, July 4, 2011
The Album '4'
Why is it the album named '4'? There is for certain a strong reason behind it, a very strong one: Beyonce's birthday September 4, her mother's birthday, January 4, and Jay-Z's birthday December 4, and it's the 4th anniversary of Beyonce and Jay-Z's wedding. Four 4s, coincidence?