Monday, June 17, 2013

Great Books + Great Offers = Only At Book Depository!

Promotional banner

If you're a book lover, and you love to find your next big read in a fun and challenging activity, here's the news for you: It'sssssssssss book shopping time.

Book Depository (only on the uk site) is going to bring it on again, offering 100 books (e.g. fiction, non-fiction, children books, etc.) with great discount, you may find some of them are even signed/limited edition, so make sure you don't miss it (because I sure won't).

How am I going to know which book(s) I want? How am I going to decide and buy the book before it runs out of stock? In the following, I'll try to share a few things I did that helped me (at least I think they did!), so read on...

I participated in this big sale last time and I bought myself a box set containing 3 books, Shiver, Linger, and Forever, written by Maggie Stiefvater. And this is the only thing that I bought during the whole sale. Admittedly, there were many great ones. However, I didn't buy those either because people were too fast clicking the "Add to basket" button and successfully went through the payment page. I was too slow pondering whether it'd be a good read or will I ever read it. Eventually, the books were gone like vapor.

Speaking of strategies, I think I'm going to do what I did last time, besides, I will add another strategy just in case. Let me explain:
  1. Goodreads (for rating and reviews)
  2. Amazon (for rating and reviews)
  3. Buy (If high rating, good reviews, and book descriptions interests me) or Not Buy (otherwise)
OR
  1. If: limited edition
  2. If: description of the book interests me
  3. Buy, otherwise, Not Buy

The above will be my go-to strategies. Whether it works well for everyone I know not, but at least that's what I'm going to do in the coming sale.

Well, you might think I'm overcomplicating things, but, why not? I love to make it like a game while I make a decision on which book(s) I'd like to buy and eventually read (though I gotta say, the box set I bought it last time...is still wrapped).

If any one has a tip or two to share, please feel free to leave a comment here, or, better yet, go to our Facebook page and tell us what you think.

Info: Book Depository Sale Page

No comments:

Post a Comment